This series is aimed at Years 7-10 boys and girls (12-15 year olds) who need simple, high-interest nonfiction to encourage them to read.
- Narrative nonfiction, giving interesting facts and allowing students to “know stuff” the rest of the class don’t.
- Local settings, and characters mostly the age of the reader or a bit older.
- Topics include 4WD rallying, a quarry blast, surviving a mugging, military training, volunteering, hunting, and sports & technological challenges.
- Series includes two “pick-a-path” type books with themes of bush and sea safety.
- Short sentences, paragraphs and text blocks.
- Photo illustrations that mirror the text.