E tipu e rea (As we grow) – Resource Pack
In this bilingual story, we meet Iraia, the new baby. We then go through the ages and stages of education with Matiu at kohanga, Fatima at primary school, Vijay at intermediate school, Mei-Li at secondary school, Hone at university and Soti at work. Finally, we meet Mandy in hospital – with her new baby Iraia.
Simple sentence structures introduce the people in the story, including their ages and levels of schooling.
Each resource pack includes:
- A big book – for shared reading, with teachers’ notes that include user-friendly assessment rubrics and ideas for second language activities
- 10 small book versions of the story, for guided and independent reading.
- A set of flashcards featuring keywords from the story, for vocabulary recognition.
- A digital mini-book template of the story and illustrations, for students to take home and read with whānau.
- A digital link containing an audio file and a digital file of the story, for the big screen.