Nō hea ēnei kararehe? (Where are these animals from) – Resource Pack
This bilingual story introduces animals from different countries and continents of the world – including taniwha. The end of the story features a Māori proverb associated with the Tainui people, about a taniwha at each bend of the Waikato River.
Each resource pack includes:
- A big book – for shared reading, with teachers’ notes that include user-friendly assessment rubrics and ideas for second language activities
- 10 small book versions of the story, for guided and independent reading.
- A set of flashcards featuring keywords from the story, for vocabulary recognition.
- A digital mini-book template of the story and illustrations, for students to take home and read with whānau.
- A digital link containing an audio file and a digital file of the story, for the big screen.