Tōku Pepeha (My Pepeha) – Resource Pack
In this bilingual story, Rīpeka recites her pepeha, describing the land features around Taranaki – her tūrangawaewae (place of belonging). She also introduces her key family members, through the use of repeated sentence structures.
It turns out that her younger sister Merenia wants to steal the show!
Each resource pack includes:
- A big book for sharing.
- 10 small book versions of the story, for guided and independent reading.
- A set of flashcards featuring keywords from the story, for vocabulary recognition.
- A mini-book template of the story and illustrations, for students to take home and read with whānau.
- Teachers’ notes for the story, including user-friendly assessment rubrics and ideas for second language learning activities.
- A digital link containing an audio file and a digital file of the story, for the big screen.